What Is An Adjustment Letter?
Adjustment letter is essentially written to deal with problems when we run our business which is not always easy. Sometimes, there are some circumstances that are out of our hands. Although we tried so hard to avoid our customers’ disappointment, they are still not happy. Therefore, at times some of our customers send us complaint letters. Nevertheless, It is our role to remain calm and to use this complaint as opportunity to deliver the services they expect, even to exceed their expectation. To resolve our customer’s complaint, we must write an adjustment letter. This adjustment letter should be delivered not longer than one working day after we receive our customer complaint letter. Adjustment Letters are usually written to respond to a customer’s complaint.
What To Include In An Adjustment Letter Body
A good adjustment letter cannot only prevent our customers from leaving us but also strengthen their loyalty to us. A good and effective adjustment letter should include the following items :
- Acknowledgment of receipt of our complaining customer.
- Expression of our apology
- Explanation of the problem
- Solution of the problem : It can be an action or reimbursement.
- Statement we will avoid doing the same mistake.
How To Write An Adjustment Letter
An adjustment letter can be written in different styles or format. See different adjustment letter format here! You can choose full block format, semi block style etc. After we know exactly what format we are going to use and what to write in the body of the letter, it’s time for us to start an adjustment letter:
- Make sure the paper has the Letter Head (Company Address)
- Type the date below the letter head. Make it right-aligned.
- Write the inside address (Our customer’s name who complains)
- Put in an attention line (optional : If you address this letter to a specific person in an organization or company.)
- Insert a salutation (“Dear Sir/Madam”)
- State a subject line (The issue we are going to deal with)
- Create the body :
- Introduction : acknowledgement of receipt of the complaint. Example: Example: 1) In reply to your letter dated March 16, 2021 about the defective trousers you received. 2) We have just received your March 16 letter about the defective trousers you received.
- Expression of our apology :”We are extremely sorry about it.”
- Explanation/admitting/own the problem. Example: We found out that the goods were damaged to an accident/incident on the delivery. However, we will always struggle to send goods in a proper way.”
- Solution: “We will deliver the replacement for the damaged goods today. We also enclosed a free $ 100 voucher that you can use anytime.”
- Do not forget to put in a complimentary closing. Example: Sincerely, Sincerely yours, Yours truly, Yours respectfully
- Close it with a signature line (signature, name, position)
- Identification Initials (Optional)
- Enclosure Reference (Optional : a voucher)
Adjustment Letter Template and Sample
The followings are the template and samples you might need when you write an adjustment letter.
Name and Address
Dear Madam/Sir/ Mr. ……..:
We have just received your letter dated …….. about your order which ……………… We are extremely sorry that ………………………………. We really regret to inform you that ………… was caused by ……………
However, we managed to ……………………….. We have corrected the mistakes so that you will receive the good quality ………on (date).
Once again, Please allow us to express our sincere apology for the delay/problem and the inconvenience it has caused you. It was really due to the fact that is beyond our control.
We will struggle to prevent this incident from happening again in future and hope we can continue our business as usual. Should you need to contact us, please use this number (315) 1234567.
Late Order Delivery
|White Sand Furniture, Inc.
Columbus, Ohio 45453 (315) 565-6777
|October 16, 2020
Mr. James Wilson
Royalty Furniture, Inc.
P.O. Box 3132
Austin, TX 78703
Dear Mr. Wilson:
Subject: October 14 letter about Late Order
We have just received your October 14 letter about your order which did not arrive on time. We are extremely sorry that we have not been able to deliver your order as scheduled. We really regret to inform you that the delay was caused by the late arrival of some of the raw materials. However, we managed to deliver the furniture you ordered a few days ago. We believe it will reach you in two days. We hope it will be ready for the season. Once again, Please allow us to express our sincere apology for the delay and the inconvenience it has caused you. It was really due to the fact that is beyond our control. We will struggle to prevent this incident from happening again in future and hope we can continue our business as usual. Should you need to contact us, please use this number (315) 1234567.
Customer Relation Manager
|Caribbean Textile, Inc
5220 West 22nd Street New York, Y 10062
|September 30, 2020
American Textile Ltd
555 Main Street
Springfield, OH 45321
Dear Sir :
Subject: Damaged Goods
In reply to your letter dated September 29, 2020 about the damaged goods you received via Fast Logistics. We are extremely sorry that this an unexpected incident should happen. I regretfully inform you that this damage is caused by mishandling during the delivery. However, we fully take responsibility for the damage. Therefore, Our representatives have already sent the replacement, and it will reach you this afternoon. We will do the best we can to prevent this incident from happening again in future and hope we can continue our business as usual. Please call us at 13243648 if you need more information.
Customer Service Manager
Salary Adjustment Letter
12 South Road
Phone (248) 1234567
March 3, 2020
12 Main Road
Dear Mr. Smith:
For the last two years, since I was assigned more responsibilities in this department I notice that our sales have been increasing quite significantly. Consequently, the load of work has stepped up a lot. Although we have more customers to serve and more challenges to deal with, I have been successful in fulfilling their demands and expectations. As you know, I have received a lot of compliment letters from our customers due to their satisfaction with my service. Considering all the mentioned-above conditions, I humbly request a salary adjustment for my work. I am confident that this salary adjustment can not only motivate me to work harder and smarter with better dedication to this company, but also can also motivate other personnel to work better. At the end it will increase our customers’ satisfaction and our sales.
Thank you for considering my salary adjustment, I look forward to hearing from you.