We provide you with different types of application letter sample for a few reasons. Do you know that different application letters can cause different results? For one thing, this application letter sample should be able to match the situation or circumstances the author faces. Secondly, this job application letter needs to be able to sell the author’s strength and skills from different background and education. Finally, these samples should be varied so that you can choose which wordings suit your personality.
Advertised Job Application Letter Sample (Vacancy)
Dear Mr. Williams,
I am aware of the driver position advertised in today’s local newspapers. Therefore, I would like to put forward my application for the position.
Inquiry Job Application Letter Sample
Recommended Job Application Letter Sample
I am writing to express interest in the Registered Nurse position recommended by one of your doctor at your hospital, Dr. Rubyleen. She and I were colleagues when we were working in Makati Public Hospital. In October 2015, I graduated from Makati Health College with an Associate of Science in Nursing. In my resume, you will see that my experience matches the qualifications listed for this position. I heard about this job through Dr. Rubyleen who gave me a recommendation letter attached with this application letter.
How To Write An Application Letter
The Format and the Paragraphs
Your Detailed Information and Your Interest in the Job
Your application letter should provide detailed information on what position you are applying for, why you are qualified for the job you are applying for. In addition to that, your application letter should explain the reasons for your interest in the certain organization. It should also state your most relevant skills or experiences.
The Employer’s Benefit If They Choose You
Your application letter should also inform the employer what benefits they will get if they select you as their employee. In addition to that, please make sure that you state the time comfortable for the employer and you to have an interview, and how you will follow-up.
Some people state how much salary they expect when they write a job application letter. You can also do this if your intention is to increase your salary. However, if you are between jobs or unemployed, it is advisable that you do not mention this matter in it.
Job Application Letter Opening Sentences
- You can begin with: “I just met with Susan Doherty from your firm, and she strongly recommended that I send you my resume. She is sure that I am the ideal candidate for the position of System Manager.”
- If you write a letter based on someone’s suggestion, you can start with these: “I enjoyed our meeting at the Big Motorcycle Club and. As you suggested, I am sending you this additional information to review before we get together. Victoria Ltd suggested I contact you regarding opportunities in your warehouse division. My background documents considerable success in the areas of loss prevention and asset recovery, which I understand are high on your list of requirements.”
- This one is based on website’s info and someone’s recommendation: “I am writing to express my interest in the International Marketing position open at Business.com. My colleague Amanda White recommended that I contact you directly about this position.”
- Based on recommendation: “I have the pleasure of being acquainted with one of your staff, Rachel Jones. She let me know about the open position, and recommended that I contact you. I graduated from ………”
Highlighting Skills and Qualification
- These sentences are also good to open the letter while highlighting your skills and qualification: “As a fresh University of Seychelles graduate, I am confident that My computer skills plus my well-honed interest in technology advances, and my recently completed education in computer science make me a strong candidate for a position as an entry-level software engineer at your highly regarded company.”
Setting Similarities With Recruiter
- If you have the same background with the recruiter, you can write: “Before deciding to apply, I did some research and discovered that we’re both Philippines University grads. I hope this will be a harbinger of good things to come and that we will be doing our best in the workplace. As a new graduate, I’ve been hoping to find the kind of position you’re staffing because I have exactly the background you’re asking for.”
Inquiry or Advertised Vacancy
- When you know there is an available position, you can begin with this: “I am very interested in the entry level position that is available at Jakarta Investment Partners. I recently graduated from University of Indonesia and my courses in investments, finance and business have given me a solid base upon which I plan to build my career.”
- Based on newspapers: “I’m writing to express my interest in the Editorial Assistant position listed on Finance Newspapers. I am confident that my related experience and excellent capabilities will meet your requirements for this position.”
- Also based on advertisements on newspapers: “I am writing to apply for the Dining room Manager position advertised in the Times Herald. I graduated from Bandung International Hotel University five years ago and I am sure my experience in Hilton Hotel will enrich the company’s standard of services.”
- This is for teachers: “I have a very strong interest in pursuing a teaching career. With experience working at both the elementary and high school levels, as well as in activities outside of the traditional classroom, I have a diverse background with much to offer.”
Application Letter Format
Applicant’s Personal Identity
Body of the Letter
The First Paragraph
The Second Paragraph
The Third Paragraph
More Tips on Writing Application Letters
Tips on Writing Application Letters. As a conclusion, pay attention to the following tips on writing an application letter :
- Why you are writing – mention the job you are applying for and where you found the listing.
- What you have to offer the employer – mention why your skills and experience are a good fit for the job.
- Express your gratitude to the personnel manager for considering you and note how you will follow up.
See the following application letter samples. They are written in Full Block Style.
Teacher Application Letter Sample
Jl. Sukaindah no. 5 Sukarajin I
Kel. Cikutra Kec. Cibeunying Kidul
January 01, 2021
Dr. Mark Harrison
Bandung International High School
Dear Mr. Harrison,
Please accept my application for the position of English Trainer in Bandung International High School you offered. Since I have an educational background and experiences matching your criteria, I am enthusiastically ready to be a part of your team. At the beginning of this humble proposal, please allow me to highlight my qualification in teaching English. Recently I have just got two Teaching Knowledge Test certificates from Cambridge English Language Assessment.
For your information and considerations, please allow me to give you my background and experiences. From 2010 up to present time, I dedicated my time, knowledge and energy writing on “Business Letter Samples” for my own site named www.englet.com. Besides, from 2014 to 2015 I worked as an English tutor in American Prep, an educational institution delivering home tutoring to different international school students such as Binus, BSJ, Tiara Bangsa etc. From 2016 to 2017, I worked for English First PT Summa Harmony. After that, from 2017 to 2018, I worked as an English Trainer for Language Solutions International. Finally, from October 2019 up to present time, I am working in SD Al-Azhar 46, Depok.
I thank you for offering me this position. Should you need to contact me, you can call me at this number 0813 8048 4674 or preferably email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Driver Application Letter Sample
1 South Street
San Francisco, CA, 94102
Comfort Transportation Company
12 North Street
San Francisco, CA, 94102
I am aware of the driver position advertised in today’s local newspapers. Therefore, I would like to put forward my application for the position. I have a proper driving license and have been working as a bus driver for ten years in Miami. I am a reliable and trustworthy employee and am ready to work long hours. In addition, I am punctual and capable of driving safely and carefully under any circumstances. Please let me assure that I could do very well in your company as I usually did in my former employer. I thank you very much for considering me for this post. Should you need to contact me, you can do so by calling or emailing me at the number or email address in my attached resume.
February 15, 2020
80 Roseville Road
St. Louis, MO 63130
Application Letter Sample for Marketing Manager
Best Goods Inc.
Application Letter Sample for Reporter
35 King Albert Park
The Straits Times
390 Kim Seng Road
Re: Vacancy for Post of Reporter
Having obtained a university degree and some invaluable experiences overseas as a reporter, I am inquiring as to whether you have any suitable vacancies in The Straits Times.
My interest in journalism developed while I was studying English at a British University’s “Students News” but later I became one of the editors.
After I graduated, I spent three months as a reporter for “The Evening News”, one of the provincial daily newspaper. Working alongside experienced reporters, I learned, for example, how to focus a story on a point of human interest and how to interview people sensitively when they are under stress after a disaster has occurred.
Now that I have returned to Singapore, I naturally wish to pursue a journalistic career with The Straits Time.
I am enclosing my resume for your information and would value the opportunity of discussing with you at your earliest convenience the possibility of employment.
September 13, 2021
Human Resources Department
Carnival Cruise Line
I am writing to inquire whether your company will have any available position to be opened in the near future which is in line with my skill and educational background. My name is George Martin and I am 23 years old Graduated from Harvard University majoring in Information Technology,
I have had two years of experience as a System Manager at Boston University of Computer in Boston. I am confident that I will perform a job which will meet your standard.
For further information, I attached my CV and Reference. I would be grateful if you could give me an opportunity for an interview at any time available. Thank you for considering this application and I am looking forward to hearing from you.
12 Main Street
San Francisco, CA 94120
123 South Street
San Francisco, CA 94120